Who Are We?
Our Privacy Promise
Your privacy is of utmost importance to us. Any of your personal details will only be used by Penelope Whiteley and our carefully selected third party partners to ensure that we deliver an excellent service to you, and to process and deliver your order and maintain your account with us.
How Do We Use Your Information?
Any personal information we collect from you will be used in accordance with Data Protection and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used to:
- Process your order and communicate with you about the goods or services you have ordered from us (your details may be passed on to a third party for them to supply or deliver products you have ordered and we may retain your details for a reasonable period of time after you have completed the transaction in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds, guarantees etc); including verifying your identity.
- Process payments and prevent fraudulent transactions (we may retain your details (including your credit/debit card information) for these purposes for a reasonable period of time and we may pass your details to a third party to carry out these functions).
- Update our records and maintain your account with us.
- Recommend offers and merchandise that may be of interest to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- Improve the content and appearance of our website or catalogues, to ensure that content from our website and our catalogues are presented in the most effective manner for you.
- Comply with our legal requirements.
- For research, analysis, testing, monitoring, risk management and administrative purposes.
- Assess and process your job application (we may retain a record of your information for a reasonable period of time following the end of our recruitment selection process for administration purposes).
- With a view to understanding our customer’s needs better, we will, with your permission, retain the information you have provided us and the details of any purchases you have made to enable us to offer products and services that are likely to be of interest to you.
If you have indicated that you would like us to, we may also pass your information onto other companies in the Penelope Whiteley partner network, or carefully selected third parties who may inform you about their products and services which may be of interest to you.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
We provide you with the ability to control whether or not to receive e-mail newsletters, through a link that is accessible at the bottom of every e-mail sent by Penelope Whiteley or e-mail request to email@example.com.
Penelope Whiteley will only send you text alerts with your permission. You can opt out of receiving these text alerts at any time. Data may be supplied to third party processors to enable the service to be provided.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
If you browse the PenelopeWhiteley.com website you may receive personalised banner advertisements whilst browsing other reputable websites. We are committed to providing you with information on products and offers which are relevant to you. Any banner advertisements you receive will relate to products which have been viewed whilst browsing this website on your computer or other device. This service is provided by Penelope Whiteley via a reputable third party specialist provider, through the use of ‘cookies’ placed on your computer or other device – See Cookies. Cookies can be removed or disabled altogether.
How We Collect Your Information?
We may collect and process your information as follows:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website for transactional, employment or any other purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site or when telephoning us and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access.
Disclosure Of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our Penelope Whiteley partner network.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal details to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Penelope Whiteley or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal details held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Keeping In Touch With Penelope Whiteley And Your Rights
At Penelope Whiteley we want to keep you up to date with information about new ranges, special offers and improvements to this site. If you decide you do not wish to be contacted by us, you can request that we stop using your information and that we stop mailing information to you, by writing to the Customer Service Team, quoting Security and Privacy Enquiry, at Customer Services, Penelope Whiteley, 34 Stanley Street, Collingwood, Victoria 3066, Australia or by emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org and informing us so.
If you no longer wish to receive e-mails from us, each email we send contains a simple, automated way for you to request that we stop. If you wish to do this, simply follow the instructions at the end of any email or please call our Customer Service Team who will be more than happy to help you. You may continue to receive mailings which are already on route to you for a short period of time while your request is being processed.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal details to these websites.
Security of our website is of utmost importance to us. Although we use advanced security measures to protect your information against loss, misuse and alteration, as is the case with all computer networks linked to the internet, we cannot make absolute guarantees over the security of the information you provide over the internet and as such we cannot be held responsible for it.
Please note that e-mail correspondence is free format text and cannot be encrypted, therefore it is not a secure means of communication.
We will never contact you by e-mail to ask you to send or confirm any of your personal details.
Never send any sensitive information, such as passwords or credit card information, via email.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
What are Cookies?
Information in Cookies
Who sets the Cookies?
The Cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access our website are set by Penelope Whiteley, our suppliers who partner with us to help deliver a high quality website and online shopping experience, and other third parties.
Some Cookies are set by or on behalf of Penelope Whiteley and are necessary to enable customers to a make purchases on our website.
Cookies may also be set by third parties who participate with us in affiliate marketing programmes who broadcast banner advertisements on behalf of Penelope Whiteley and a number of other reputable companies. None of these third parties collect any personal data from which they would be able to identify individual customers.
What are Cookies used for?
The main purposes for which Cookies are used are:
- For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our website, particularly in relation to online transactions.
- To drive Penelope Whiteley marketing, particularly banner advertisements.
- To enable Penelope Whiteley to collect information about the browsing and shopping habits and activities of customers, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
- To enable Penelope Whiteley to meet its contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our website from a site operated by those parties.
How do I disable Cookies?
If you want to disable Cookies you need to change your web browser settings to reject Cookies. How you do this will depend on the browser you use. For step-by-step instructions use a search engine to search for “disabling cookies for…” and the name of the web browser you use.
What happens if I disable Cookies?
This depends on which Cookies you disable, but in general the PenelopeWhiteley.com website may not operate properly if Cookies are switched off. If you only disable 3rd party Cookies you will not be prevented from making purchases on our website. If you disable all Cookies you will be unable to complete a purchase on the PenelopeWhiteley.com website.
Where We Store Your Information
In addition, we may collect anonymised details about visitors to our Website for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymised details that we collect for these purposes.
We do not and will not knowingly collect information from any unsupervised person under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you must not use the PenelopeWhiteley.com website or submit any personal data to us unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.