Baby Boomer women will do well to take a leaf out of Kate Middleton’s book on dressing to create their individual chic, elegant, style.
Penelope Jane Whiteley of Aging Disgracefully says “the rules Kate follows are ideal for most women, but especially those who are a certain age who are looking to re-invent their own individual style”
“Many women lose themselves as they become women of a certain age and may be physically challenged by a body they no longer recognise as their own” she says.
“We all know the connection between our outward appearance and our inner belief system”
“It’s crucial for women to boost their self-esteem, especially at this time in their lives, by finding the chic, elegant, sexy woman still lurking within …”
The Kate way of dressing is simple if you follow 10 basic tips:
- Think youthful
- Choose clean, clear and concise lines to garments
- Abandon ditsy prints and florals
- Wear skirts and dresses to just below the knee
- Always make sure your pants are long enough to cover your shoes; you should only be able to see your shoes when you sit down
- Select plain colours; camel, grey, red, khaki and especially black. Think YSL … elegant & modern chic
- Choose classic shapes and create a wardrobe around the basics
- Stick with natural materials
- Wear layers … they work at any age
- WALK TALL! Bad posture is aging, even on the young …
Penelope Jane Whiteley is the “woman of a certain age” behind the blog Aging Disgracefully.
She is an NLP Master Practitioner, personal stylist and coach and author of the best-selling “Hot Stuff: the Ultimate Guide to Style for Women of a Certain Age” (available through www.agingdisgfracefullynow.com and www.hotstuffthebook.com)
Learning how to create their own personal style, how to develop an attitude (with a capital A), and how to find their passion, are just some of the topics that will be covered in the event Aging Disgracefully – The Aging Younger Workshop
|Event details:||Aging Disgracefully – Aging Younger|
|Date:||Saturday, 2nd June 2012|
|Time:||2.00 pm (14.00) to 5.00 pm (17.00)|
|Location:||The Fleece Hotel, 120 Montague Street, South Melbourne VIC 3205|
|Cost:||$97 per person, includes drinks/nibbles|
Her own re-invention started in her early fifties and she now writes, blogs, tweets, speaks, styles and helps other women of a certain age to Age Disgracefully to live life with passion.
Penelope Jane Whiteley is available for interviews. High resolution images are available by request.
Media Contact: Penelope Jane Whiteley